Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
0 Shouts - 232,601 Scrobbles
Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser BiographyRead More...
The Moon and the Melodies (1986) is the product of a one-off collaboration between the Scottish group Cocteau Twins and the American composer Harold Budd. The Cocteau Twins refused to sign the album with the band's name and used their individual names instead.
The album has the characteristic style — heavily-treated guitar sounds and strangely euphoric vocalising — that can be heard in the group's other work from the same period, for example on the EP "Echoes in a Shallow Bay" or the album Victorialand. Harold Budd's stylistic piano tonalities and phrasing on this project are echoed in his solo album, Lovely Thunder, from the same year.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea, Swallow Me - 45,375 plays
- Why Do You Love Me? - 28,093 plays
- Memory Gongs - 26,948 plays
- Ooze Out And Away, Onehow - 24,699 plays
- She Will Destroy You - 27,309 plays
- Bloody And Blunt - 23,915 plays
- The Ghost Has No Home - 24,787 plays
- Eyes Are Mosaics - 26,183 plays
- Sea Swallow Me - 576 plays
- Ooze Outand Away, Onehow - 470 plays