Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
0 Shouts - 237,228 Scrobbles
Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser BiographyRead More...
The Moon and the Melodies (1986) is the product of a one-off collaboration between the Scottish group Cocteau Twins and the American composer Harold Budd. The Cocteau Twins refused to sign the album with the band's name and used their individual names instead.
The album has the characteristic style — heavily-treated guitar sounds and strangely euphoric vocalising — that can be heard in the group's other work from the same period, for example on the EP "Echoes in a Shallow Bay" or the album Victorialand. Harold Budd's stylistic piano tonalities and phrasing on this project are echoed in his solo album, Lovely Thunder, from the same year.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea, Swallow Me - 46,264 plays
- Why Do You Love Me? - 28,609 plays
- Memory Gongs - 27,480 plays
- Ooze Out And Away, Onehow - 25,192 plays
- She Will Destroy You - 27,931 plays
- Bloody And Blunt - 24,456 plays
- The Ghost Has No Home - 25,248 plays
- Eyes Are Mosaics - 26,687 plays
- Sea Swallow Me - 588 plays
- Ooze Outand Away, Onehow - 475 plays