Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
53 Shouts - 208,390 Scrobbles
Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser Biography
The Moon and the Melodies (1986) is the product of a one-off collaboration between the Scottish group Cocteau Twins and the American composer Harold Budd. The Cocteau Twins refused to sign the album with the band's name and used their individual names instead. The album has the characteristic style — heavily-treated guitar sounds and strangely euphoric vocalising — that can be heard in the group's other work from the same period, for example on the EP "Echoes in a Shallow Bay" or the album Victorialand.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea, Swallow Me - (3:08) - 1,479 plays
- She Will Destroy You - (4:16) - 462 plays
- Memory Gongs - (7:25) - 474 plays
- Eyes Are Mosaics - (4:09) - 453 plays
- The Ghost Has No Home - (7:34) - 413 plays
- Bloody And Blunt - (2:12) - 400 plays
- Ooze Out And Away, Onehow - (3:38) - 424 plays
- Why Do You Love Me? - (4:50) - 375 plays
- Why Do You Love Me - 112 plays
- Why Do You Love Me ? - (4:51) - 12 plays