Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
0 Shouts - 223,821 Scrobbles
Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser BiographyRead More...
The Moon and the Melodies (1986) is the product of a one-off collaboration between the Scottish group Cocteau Twins and the American composer Harold Budd. The Cocteau Twins refused to sign the album with the band's name and used their individual names instead.
The album has the characteristic style — heavily-treated guitar sounds and strangely euphoric vocalising — that can be heard in the group's other work from the same period, for example on the EP "Echoes in a Shallow Bay" or the album Victorialand. Harold Budd's stylistic piano tonalities and phrasing on this project are echoed in his solo album, Lovely Thunder, from the same year.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea, Swallow Me - 43,589 plays
- Why Do You Love Me? - 27,139 plays
- Memory Gongs - 26,007 plays
- Ooze Out And Away, Onehow - 23,814 plays
- She Will Destroy You - 26,263 plays
- Bloody And Blunt - 23,029 plays
- The Ghost Has No Home - 23,524 plays
- Eyes Are Mosaics - 25,290 plays
- Sea Swallow Me - 562 plays
- Ooze Outand Away, Onehow - 457 plays