Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
49 Shouts - 184,408 Scrobbles
Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser Biography
The Moon and the Melodies (1986) is the product of a one-off collaboration between the Scottish group Cocteau Twins and the American composer Harold Budd. The Cocteau Twins refused to sign the album with the band's name and used their individual names instead. The album has the characteristic style — heavily-treated guitar sounds and strangely euphoric vocalising — that can be heard in the group's other work from the same period, for example on the EP "Echoes in a Shallow Bay" or the album Victorialand.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea, Swallow Me - (3:08) - 933 plays
- She Will Destroy You - (4:16) - 619 plays
- Memory Gongs - (7:25) - 661 plays
- Eyes Are Mosaics - (4:09) - 574 plays
- Bloody And Blunt - (2:12) - 555 plays
- The Ghost Has No Home - (7:34) - 511 plays
- Ooze Out And Away, Onehow - (3:38) - 560 plays
- Why Do You Love Me? - (4:50) - 489 plays
- Why Do You Love Me - 110 plays
- Why Do You Love Me ? - (4:51) - 32 plays