168 Shouts - 2,183,694 Scrobbles
Harold Budd (born May 24, 1936) is an American ambient/avant-garde composer. Born in Los Angeles, California, he was raised in the Mojave Desert, and was inspired at an early age by the humming tone caused by wind blown across telephone wires. His career as a composer began in 1962. In the following years he gained a notable reputation in the local avant-garde community. In 1966 he graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in musical composition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- First Light - 2004 Digital Remaster - (7:07) - 3,983 plays
- The Room of Ancillary Dreams - (6:08) - 2,655 plays
- The Room of Oracles - (4:46) - 2,431 plays
- The Room of Stairs - (5:21) - 2,307 plays
- The Room Alight - (4:41) - 2,052 plays
- The Room - (2:15) - 2,394 plays
- The Room of Corners - (5:06) - 1,987 plays
- The Candied Room - (3:41) - 1,824 plays
- The Dream of the Girl at the Lonely Desert Cafe - (2:01) - 1,702 plays
- The Plateaux Of Mirror - 2004 Digital Remaster - (4:14) - 2,451 plays