2 Shouts - 133,988 Scrobbles
Harold Arlen (February 15, 1905 – April 23, 1986)
Was an American composer of popular music. Having written over 400 songs, a number of which have become known the world over, Arlen is a highly regarded contributor to the Great American Songbook. His 1938 song "Over the Rainbow” was voted the twentieth century's No. 1 song by the Recording Industry Association of America Biography Arlen was born Hyman Arluck, in Buffalo, New York, the child of a Jewish cantor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stormy Weather - (3:18) - 1,078 plays
- Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead (Duet with Harold Arlen) - (1:54) - 575 plays
- Over the Rainbow - (3:38) - 436 plays
- We're Off to See the Wizard - (1:03) - 135 plays
- Over the Rainbow (From "The Wizard of Oz") - (2:50) - 107 plays
- Somewhere over the Rainbow - (2:52) - 51 plays
- Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E-Flat Major, BWV 1031: III. Allegro - (4:48) - 43 plays
- One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) - (4:15) - 18 plays
- Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead - (0:47) - 13 plays
- Let's Fall in Love - (3:14) - 15 plays