34 Shouts - 291,773 Scrobbles
Hariprasad Chaurasia (b. 1st July 1938) is known internationally as the greatest living master of the bansuri, the North Indian bamboo flute. Chaurasia is among the small but growing number of classicists who have made a conscious effort to reach out and expand the audience for classical music. He is probably the most accessible Hindustani musician, and has done much to popularise the bansuri and classical music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bhairavi - (3:52) - 517 plays
- Abhogi - (3:02) - 320 plays
- Dhun In Raga Mishra Pilu - (15:05) - 284 plays
- Pahadi Dhun - (10:53) - 210 plays
- Asavari - (5:52) - 249 plays
- Raga Jhinjhoti - (43:50) - 202 plays
- Dhun Mishra Pahadi - (15:33) - 149 plays
- Manzh Khamaz Teental - (2:07) - 150 plays
- Raga Durga - (11:03) - 163 plays
- Raga Jait - Gat in Rupak Taal - (18:17) - 142 plays