31 Shouts - 121,319 Scrobbles
Happy Apple is an American jazz trio. Formed in 1996 in Minneapolis, members of the band are David King (drums), Michael Lewis (saxophones) and Erik Fratzke (electric bass). All three members compose music for the group; which places equal emphasis on improvisation. Happy Apple plays a unique brand of jazz music, drawing on several other genres. Their music is a fine and wholly representative effort, steeped in free-jazz abandon, laced with complexity, and conversant with Minneapolis’ punk and indie-rock heritage.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Youth oriented - (2:22) - 303 plays
- Green grass stains on Wrangler Jeans - (5:13) - 209 plays
- The treetops of a bad neighbourhood - (7:56) - 225 plays
- It Will Be - (5:02) - 149 plays
- The Landfall Planetarium - (8:24) - 236 plays
- Salmon Jump Suit - (3:36) - 160 plays
- Drama section - (10:00) - 126 plays
- Very Small Rock - (4:59) - 139 plays
- Ella by Nightlight - (7:47) - 89 plays
- The New Bison - (4:49) - 94 plays