0 Shouts - 535,939 Scrobbles
Clarence Eugene "Hank" Snow (Born May 9, 1914 in Brooklyn, Queens County, Nova Scotia; died December 20, 1999) was a Canadian country music singer-songwriter.Read More...
Perhaps best known for his distinct yodelling, he charted more than seventy singles on the Billboard country charts from 1950 until 1980, including the Number One hits 'I'm Movin' On' and 'I Don't Hurt Anymore'. Performing in lavish and colourful sequin-studded suits, Snow had a career covering six decades during which he sold more than 80 million albums, and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1979.
THERE IS A HANK SNOW MUSEUM CLOSE TO BROOKLYN IN LIVERPOOL, NOVA SCOTIA, APPROPRIATELY, IT IS HOUSED IN AN ABANDONED TRAIN STATION. VERY WELL DONE
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm Movin' On - 39,086 plays
- I'm Moving On - 41,246 plays
- LyricsI was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road
When along came a semi with a high and canvas covered load
"If you're going to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride"
So I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
- LyricsFrom ol' Montana down to Alabama
I've been before and I'll travel again
You triflin' women can't keep a good man down
You dealt the cards but you missed the play
So hit the road and be on your way
- Lonesome Blue Yodel - 20,125 plays
- The Texas Cowboy - 19,766 plays
- The Rhumba Boogie - 15,990 plays
- Ninety Miles An Hour (Down A Dead End Street) - 18,009 plays
- Someday You'll Care - 13,709 plays
- I Don't Hurt Anymore - 14,385 plays