Handel & Haydn Society
0 Shouts - 16,530 Scrobbles
The Handel and Haydn Society is among the oldest continuously performing arts organizations in the United States. Founded as a choral society in 1815 by a group of Boston merchants, the society performed the American premieres of Handel's Messiah in 1818 (and annually since 1854), Haydn's Creation in 1819, Verdi’s Requiem in 1878, and Bach’s B Minor Mass in 1887. Since 1986, when Christopher Hogwood first came on board as artistic director...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Part The Second: Chorus: How Beautiful Are The Feet - (2:27) - 303 plays
- Part The First: Recitative: And The Angel Said Unto Them - (0:34) - 60 plays
- Part The First - Overture - (3:57) - 41 plays
- Part The First - Recitative: Comfort Ye - (3:01) - 41 plays
- Part The First - Aria: Ev'ry Valley Shall Be Exalted - (3:30) - 40 plays
- Part The First - Chorus: And The Glory Of The Lord Shall Be Revealed - (2:47) - 58 plays
- Part The First - Recitative: Thus Saith The Lord Of Hosts - (1:23) - 41 plays
- Part The First - Aria: O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings To Zion - (4:16) - 34 plays
- Part The First - Aria: But Who May Abide The Day Of His Coming - (4:25) - 32 plays
- Part The First - Soloists And Chorus: And He Shall Purify The Sons Of Levi - (2:38) - 44 plays