19 Shouts - 334,236 Scrobbles
Gwen McCrae (b 21 December 1943, Pensacola, Florida) is an American R&B singer best known for her 1975 hit "Rockin’ Chair". Born Gwen Mosley in Pensacola, Florida, she grew up singing in her pentecostal church and later discovered secular singers like Sam Cooke and Aretha Franklin. She began performing in local clubs as a teenager, and singing with local groups like the Lafayettes and the Independents. In 1963, she met a young sailor named George McCrae, whom she married within a week.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 90% of Me Is You - (2:08) - 2,554 plays
- All This Love That I'm Giving - (3:53) - 1,903 plays
- All This Love That I'm Givin' - (4:02) - 1,411 plays
- Rockin' Chair - (3:17) - 1,346 plays
- Keep The Fire Burning - Remastered - (5:45) - 1,136 plays
- Keep the Fire Burning - (3:47) - 1,343 plays
- Funky Sensation - (2:43) - 800 plays
- I've Got Nothing to Lose But the Blues - (4:39) - 429 plays
- Funky Sensation - Remastered - (6:39) - 360 plays
- It Keeps On Raining - (3:16) - 301 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online