24 Shouts - 1,089,289 Scrobbles
Guy Charles Clark (born November 6, 1941) is an American Texas country and folk singer, musician, songwriter, recording artist, and performer. He has released more than twenty albums, and his songs have been recorded by other artists including Jerry Jeff Walker, Jimmy Buffett, Ricky Skaggs, Steve Wariner, and Rodney Crowell. Clark was born in Monahans, Texas and eventually settled in Nashville, where he helped create the progressive country and outlaw country genres. His songs L.A. Freeway and Desperados Waiting for a Train that helped launch his career were covered by numerous performers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- L.A. Freeway - (4:37) - 3,364 plays
- My Favorite Picture of You - (3:33) - 2,262 plays
- Dublin Blues - (2:54) - 2,457 plays
- LyricsI'd play the Red River Valley
And he'd sit out in the kitchen and cry
And run his fingers through seventy years of livin'
And wonder, "Lord, has ever' well I've drilled run dry?"
We were friends, me and this old man
- Hell Bent On a Heartache - (3:35) - 1,770 plays
- Cornmeal Waltz - (5:39) - 1,231 plays
- Rita Ballou - (2:50) - 1,232 plays
- El Coyote - (3:52) - 1,134 plays
- Rain in Durango - (4:46) - 1,122 plays
- Texas 1947 - (3:10) - 912 plays