24 Shouts - 1,106,943 Scrobbles
Guy Charles Clark (born November 6, 1941) is an American Texas country and folk singer, musician, songwriter, recording artist, and performer. He has released more than twenty albums, and his songs have been recorded by other artists including Jerry Jeff Walker, Jimmy Buffett, Ricky Skaggs, Steve Wariner, and Rodney Crowell. Clark was born in Monahans, Texas and eventually settled in Nashville, where he helped create the progressive country and outlaw country genres. His songs L.A. Freeway and Desperados Waiting for a Train that helped launch his career were covered by numerous performers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsPack up all the dishes
Make a note of all good wishes
Say goodbye to the landlord for me
All you know he always bored me
And throw out all those L.A. papers
- LyricsWell I wished I was in Austin, hmm, in the Chili Parlor Bar
Drinkin' Mad Dog Margaritas and not carin' where you are
Here I sit in Dublin, hmm, just rollin' cigarettes
Holdin' back and chokin' back, the shakes with every breath
So forgive me all my anger, forgive me all my faults
- LyricsMy favorite picture of you
Is the one where you're staring
Straight into the lens
It's just a polaroid shot
Someone took on the spot
- LyricsI'd play the Red River Valley
And he'd sit out in the kitchen and cry
And run his fingers through seventy years of livin'
And wonder, "Lord, has ever' well I've drilled run dry?"
We were friends, me and this old man
- Hell Bent On a Heartache - (3:35) - 1,225 plays
- Rita Ballou - (2:50) - 1,164 plays
- Let Him Roll - (4:03) - 949 plays
- Cornmeal Waltz - (5:39) - 776 plays
- Texas 1947 - (3:10) - 751 plays
- Like A Coat From The Cold - (3:17) - 726 plays