0 Shouts - 27,213 Scrobbles
1. Guignol is a Brooklyn-based quartet that performs original tunes in the balkan/klezmer/folk tradition. The group consists of Franz Nicolay on accordion, Peter Hess on clarinet, John Bollinger on drums, and George Rush on tuba. They have two releases: a full length self-titled CD and a split EP (entitled Drink the Best Wine First) with the band Nanuchka.Read More...
2. Guignol was a one-off project comprised of members of Volcano the Bear (Laurence Coleman, Aaron Moore, Nick Mott on 2 tracks) and Jeremy Barnes (Neutral Milk Hotel, Bablicon, A Hawk and a Hacksaw). Their sole release, "Angela, David, and the Great Neopolitan Road Issue" was issued by Cenotaph Audio in 2004. The record also features a rare appearance by "Korena Pang" AKA Jeff Mangum.
3. Guignol, also known as "the true Guignol," is a gothic rock band from Lexington, KY USA. The band plays a style much akin to the older sounds of Joy Division, The Cure, The Chameleons, Christian Death, and Bauhaus. The band consists of members from local acts, Tombstalker and Apochryphal Revelation. In December of 2014, the band released Demo MMXIV through Grim Winds Records on cassette tape.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Agada - 4,328 plays
- All or Nothing Machine - 2,919 plays
- Bad Day At the U.N. - 2,677 plays
- Salt Chunk Mary Fight Song - 2,172 plays
- Grifter's Delight - 2,222 plays
- Tea House - 1,873 plays
- Free Parking - 1,634 plays
- Big Lazy - 1,569 plays
- King of Uruk - 1,475 plays
- The Wind-Up Bird - 1,162 plays