Guerouabi El Hachemi
0 Shouts - 469 Scrobbles
El-Hadj El Hachmi Guerouabi (born January 6, 1938, in Algiers, Algeria - died July 17, 2006 in Zeralda, Algeria) was an Algerian singer and composer of Chaâbi and one of the Grand Masters of the Algiers-based Chaâbi music.Read More...
He was born in El Mouradia (Algiers) and grew up in Bélouizdad (formerly Belcourt). Two passions occupied Guerouabi's childhood: Football and music. Being a good footballer he played with La Redoute AC football club until 1952. By then he had developed a special interest to music; in particular the music of El Hadj M'Hamed El Anka, M'rizek and Hssissen.
His win in the El Arbi Music-Hall contest helped him join the Opera of Algiers in 1953, where he was engaged in music but also played several theatrical roles including the famous Haroun Errachid.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- N'Seblek Ya Omri - 22 plays
- Ya Bouya Hnini - 29 plays
- Kif Amali Ouhilti - 14 plays
- El Barah (Instrumental) - 11 plays
- Qoulou Elzini Elassem - 9 plays
- Koub Ya Saki - 7 plays
- Djat Echta - 12 plays
- Aachki Fi Khnatha - 8 plays
- Ya Mentrid Qtali - 8 plays
- Megouani Sahran (Instrumental) - 7 plays