96 Shouts - 466,906 Scrobbles
Gryphon were a progressive rock band from the UK formed in 1973, notable for their unusual sound and instrumentation. Multi-instrumentalist Richard Harvey and his fellow Royal Academy of Music graduate Brian Gulland, a woodwind player, began the group as an all-acoustic ensemble that mixed traditional English folk music with medieval and Renaissance influences. After their self-titled debut, they expanded their sound to include electric guitars and keyboards as well as wind instruments, such as bassoons and crumhorns, not often found in rock music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Opening Move - (9:45) - 1,632 plays
- Kemp's Jig - (3:09) - 1,273 plays
- Second Spasm - (8:17) - 1,163 plays
- Lament - (10:15) - 1,155 plays
- Checkmate - (9:46) - 994 plays
- Pastime With Good Company - (1:36) - 1,224 plays
- Sir Gavin Grimbold - (2:50) - 1,001 plays
- The Astrologer - (3:16) - 1,012 plays
- Touch And Go - (1:36) - 791 plays
- The Unquiet Grave - (5:48) - 1,031 plays