46 Shouts - 80,298 Scrobbles
Group Doueh is part of a family entertainment business run by Salmou Baamar (aka Doueh), a native of Dakhla, Western Sahara. The rest of the group includes vocalists Halima Jakani (Baamar's wife) and Bashiri Touballi and keyboardist Jamaal Baamar (his son). Rhythm duties are shared between collective hand claps, Halima’s tbal (a hand drum), and the keyboard’s drum programs. As a youth, Baamar listened to cassettes of James Brown and Jimi Hendrix imported from Spain. His first experiences as a professional musician were playing at local parties coincided with Mauritania’s occupation of Dakhla.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wazan Samat - (3:22) - 285 plays
- Eid For Dakhla - (3:45) - 188 plays
- Tirara - (5:00) - 134 plays
- Eid El Arsh - (5:14) - 126 plays
- Fagu - (6:10) - 128 plays
- Dun Dan - (5:49) - 128 plays
- Cheyla Ya Haiuune - (5:06) - 175 plays
- Zayna Jumma - (4:31) - 156 plays
- Beatte Harab - (4:43) - 163 plays
- Sabah Lala - (5:29) - 103 plays