71 Shouts - 422,571 Scrobbles
The Groundhogs fronted by Tony McPhee on Guitar and Vocals were a top Progressive Blues Rock Group. Emerging in the early sixties as a blues band, noted for backing visiting American Blues Artists such as John Lee Hooker. The band evolved in the latter part of the sixties into a heavy rock group scoring a hit with their fourth and possibly most popular album 'Split'. Through the seventies the band continued to record and play live as a trio with changing band members, towards the end of the seventies recording as a four piece with addition of a second guitar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cherry Red - (10:15) - 1,236 plays
- Strange Town - (3:47) - 533 plays
- Garden - (4:54) - 440 plays
- Eccentric Man - (4:47) - 515 plays
- Groundhog - (5:46) - 297 plays
- Mistreated - (6:03) - 447 plays
- Earth Is Not Room Enough - (4:48) - 225 plays
- A Year in the Life - (3:15) - 248 plays
- Junkman - (5:02) - 237 plays
- Soldier - (4:50) - 303 plays