73 Shouts - 456,920 Scrobbles
The Groundhogs fronted by Tony McPhee on Guitar and Vocals were a top Progressive Blues Rock Group. Emerging in the early sixties as a blues band, noted for backing visiting American Blues Artists such as John Lee Hooker. The band evolved in the latter part of the sixties into a heavy rock group scoring a hit with their fourth and possibly most popular album 'Split'. Through the seventies the band continued to record and play live as a trio with changing band members, towards the end of the seventies recording as a four piece with addition of a second guitar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cherry Red - (10:15) - 984 plays
- Strange Town - (3:47) - 317 plays
- Groundhog - (5:46) - 316 plays
- Garden - (4:54) - 350 plays
- Eccentric Man - (4:47) - 277 plays
- Mistreated - (6:03) - 257 plays
- A Year in the Life - (3:15) - 266 plays
- Junkman - (5:02) - 241 plays
- Soldier - (4:50) - 204 plays
- Darkness is No Friend - (3:46) - 166 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online