462 Shouts - 2,722,702 Scrobbles
Having spent nearly two years on the road touring in support of 88 Keys and Counting, The end of 2008 saw Grieves enlisting the help of friend and collaborator Budo to co-produce Together/Apart bringing his signature swiss-army knife, multi-instrumental backdrop to Grieves' hauntingly poignant narrative. The album began taking shape in New York as the two built off the success 88 Keys and Counting had generated and paired it with the intensity they developed from their live performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics[Verse 1:]
I ain't no scholar, I don't write no books
I done spend my money on the last girl honey and she hates my guts
I paid my rent late, so my landlord's angry
And all this shit keeps piling up and tryin' to hang me
- LyricsSunny, yesterday my life was flled with rain / Sunny, yesterday my life was flled with rain / Sunny, you smiled
at me and really eased the pain / Now the dark days are gone and the bright days are here and my sunny side
shines / Come on man, not your same old shit / I've been living steady wobbling on the edge / Chasing life
around in circles trying to decompress my head / I feel it get intense, choose to break my bread and spread it
around / Take my every single thought into this pen and jot it down / Cause it's the truth to me, you should see
- LyricsI guess it started when the lights went out
and everybody started running round in circles tryin to figure it out
I could feel it
wedged in my ribs it felt freezin
as my cold air blew out
- LyricsBorn blind in the winter with an empty head
The snow covered up the Camry the whole house slept
Drawing pictures in the bed
Waking up and racing down the stairs trying to catch my breath
It's so simple, superman, trick or treat, wet socks
- LyricsI don't wanna talk about it,
or get it off my back.
I don't wanna dance around the subject,
you and I both know better than that.
I tried to make the best of it,
- Shreds - (3:23) - 5,778 plays
- Rain Damage - (3:20) - 3,932 plays
- Serpents - (3:20) - 4,343 plays
- Kidding Me - (4:48) - 4,447 plays
- Falling From You - (4:09) - 4,012 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online