460 Shouts - 2,582,292 Scrobbles
Having spent nearly two years on the road touring in support of 88 Keys and Counting, The end of 2008 saw Grieves enlisting the help of friend and collaborator Budo to co-produce Together/Apart bringing his signature swiss-army knife, multi-instrumental backdrop to Grieves' hauntingly poignant narrative. The album began taking shape in New York as the two built off the success 88 Keys and Counting had generated and paired it with the intensity they developed from their live performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMolded out of brimstone, learn to take a lashing on the coals
Hot metal pressing on the skin of my goals
I've been walking the plank of it, blindfolded, and know what it's like when the knife's out of the holster
Truth - that's the only reason I'm still alive
Crow's nest, throwing hope into broken sky, no time left to put it on the line
- Lyrics[Verse 1:]
I ain't no scholar, I don't write no books
I done spend my money on the last girl honey and she hates my guts
I paid my rent late, so my landlord's angry
And all this shit keeps piling up and tryin' to hang me
- LyricsI don't wanna talk about it,
or get it off my back.
I don't wanna dance around the subject,
you and I both know better than that.
I tried to make the best of it,
- Shreds - (3:23) - 14,466 plays
- Serpents - (3:20) - 12,922 plays
- Over You (feat. B. Lewis) - (1:30) - 9,983 plays
- Breath of Air - (3:20) - 10,407 plays
- Bloody Poetry - (3:21) - 8,134 plays
- Autumn - (3:20) - 9,500 plays
- Sunny Side Of Hell - (3:57) - 8,402 plays