0 Shouts - 683,216 Scrobbles
Greg Brown is a folk musician from Iowa, USA. His "Iowa Waltz" has been (unsuccessfully) proposed to replace the state song of Iowa.Read More...
During the 1980s, his reputation was established through frequent touring and recurring performances on A Prairie Home Companion. Subsequently, his work has been nominated for Grammy awards. He also founded his own record label and named it Red House Records after a home he lived in in Iowa. Red House Records is an independent record label specializing in folk music, based in St. Paul, Minnesota. Well known folk artists have signed with Red House Records over the years include Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Tom Paxton and Loudin Wainwright III. A Red House Records compilation, A Nod to Bob, was said to be a tribute from a Minnesota label to a favorite native son - guess who?
On November 21, 2002 he married the singer-songwriter Iris DeMent. His daughters (from a previous marriage) are also musicians.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Just A Bum - 32,878 plays
- Blue Car - 30,311 plays
- Railroad Bill - 16,785 plays
- Aint' No One Like You - 15,069 plays
- Jacob's Ladder - 13,750 plays
- I Don't Want Your Millions Mister - 11,449 plays
- Who Killed Cock Robin - 10,465 plays
- The Foggy Foggy Dew - 10,799 plays
- Green Grows the Laurel - 9,762 plays
- Samson - 9,103 plays