Great Speckled Bird
5 Shouts - 5,235 Scrobbles
Great Speckled Bird was a pioneering country-rock band that originated in Canada in 1969. Ian and Sylvia (Ian Tyson and Sylvia Tyson), a well-known folk duo who rose to popularity in the early sixties, began making records in Nashville around 1968. Ian and Sylvia wanted to form their own band that played in a progressive country style. They formed Great Speckled Bird (there was no "the" in front of it), a group that was part of the country-rock movement that emerged in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flies In The Bottle - (3:47) - 24 plays
- Love What You're Doing Child - (3:39) - 22 plays
- Calgary - (3:03) - 24 plays
- Disappearing Woman - (2:11) - 22 plays
- Long Long Time To Get Old - (3:07) - 17 plays
- Rio Grande - (3:51) - 17 plays
- Bloodshot Beholder - (2:58) - 18 plays
- Crazy Arms - (2:54) - 16 plays
- Smiling Wine - (3:11) - 12 plays
- This Dream - (3:40) - 15 plays