1,366 Shouts - 24,729,727 Scrobbles
The Grateful Dead was a rock band that formed in 1965 in San Francisco, California, United States from the remnants of another band, "Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions," The Grateful Dead were known for their unique and eclectic songwriting style which fused elements of rock, folk music, bluegrass, blues, country, and jazz, and also for live performances of long modal jams. The group disbanded immediately after the death of singer/guitarist Jerry Garcia in 1995.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI lit up from Reno
I was trailed by twenty hounds
Didn't get to sleep that night
Till the morning came around
I set out running but I'll take my time
- LyricsMust be getting early
Clocks are running late
Paint-by-number morning sky
Looks so phony
Dawn is breaking everywhere
- LyricsSugar magnolia, blossoms blooming
Heads all empty and I don't care
Saw my baby down by the river
Knew she'd have to come up soon for air
Sweet blossom come on under the willow
- LyricsTruckin' got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin', like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on.
Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street.
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street.
Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
- LyricsLook out of any window, any morning, any evening, any day
Maybe the sun is shining, birds are winging
No rain is falling from a heavy sky
What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
For this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago
- Ripple - (4:08) - 17,650 plays
- Casey Jones - (5:57) - 14,243 plays
- Uncle John's Band - (10:33) - 12,538 plays
- Casey Jones (Remastered Album Version) - (4:24) - 9,336 plays
- Friend Of The Devil - Remastered Version - (3:22) - 7,794 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online