147 Shouts - 682,389 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 1,415 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 1,410 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 1,291 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 969 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,038 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 1,057 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 758 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 788 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 709 plays
- Fried Egg - (3:31) - 762 plays