147 Shouts - 673,967 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 1,526 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 1,485 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 1,338 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 1,055 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,065 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 1,123 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 801 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 836 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 739 plays
- Advice - (3:01) - 721 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online