149 Shouts - 682,700 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 1,356 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 1,395 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 1,282 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 931 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,005 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 900 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 746 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 757 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 698 plays
- Fried Egg - (3:31) - 728 plays