145 Shouts - 661,223 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 1,897 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 1,717 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 1,655 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 1,352 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,316 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 1,337 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 1,031 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 922 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 905 plays
- Uncertain Memory - (3:18) - 819 plays