145 Shouts - 644,799 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 2,580 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 2,120 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 2,193 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 1,939 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,835 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 1,635 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 1,367 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 1,300 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 1,371 plays
- Uncertain Memory - (3:18) - 1,086 plays