145 Shouts - 654,633 Scrobbles
The San Francisco band Grass Widow braids apparitional vocals over distorted post-punk riffs. At the center of its songs are the troika harmonies of Lillian Maring (drums), Hannah Lew (bass) and Raven Mahon (guitar), who contribute vocals equally, echoing the band's process. Grass Widow's lyrics, matched with its cautiously joyous beats, reflect its vision of the world: a mysterious Ozlike land in which the surface looks radiant and colorful but with a thinly veiled underside that reveals a fearful and fateful ethereal reality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goldilocks Zone - (3:15) - 2,300 plays
- To Where - (2:36) - 1,891 plays
- Milo Minute - (2:01) - 1,968 plays
- Hang Around - (2:59) - 1,718 plays
- Disappearing Industries - (2:35) - 1,661 plays
- Under the Atmosphere - (3:06) - 1,481 plays
- Shadow - (3:00) - 1,223 plays
- Spock on MUNI - (3:10) - 1,178 plays
- Celebrate the Mundane - (2:26) - 1,123 plays
- Uncertain Memory - (3:18) - 993 plays