598 Shouts - 10,085,930 Scrobbles
Grandaddy are an American indie pop band formed in Modesto, California in 1992 by singer/guitarist/keyboardist Jason Lytle, bassist Kevin Garcia, and drummer Aaron Burtch; although a noisy, lo-fi approach characterized early recordings like 1994's Complex Party Come Along Theories, with the 1995 additions of guitarist Jim Fairchild and keyboardist Tim Dryden the group's sound expanded exponentially over the course of subsequent efforts including the unreleased Don't Sock the Tryer and the 1996 EP A Pretty Mess By This One Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDon't change your name, keep it the same
For fear I may lose you again
I know you won't, it's just that I am unorganized
And I want to find you when something good happens
If you come down we'll go to town
- LyricsShould never have left the crystal lake
Should never have left the crystal lake
For parties full of folks who flake
Italian leather winter games
Retired by the duraflames
- LyricsAdrift again 2000 man
You lost your maps, you lost the plans
Did you hear them yell, "Land, damn it, land?"
You say, you can't
Well I hope you can, I hope you can
- LyricsI want to sleep
Underneath the weeping willow
As it cries all night quietly
It's tears all around me
I'll sleep there so soundly
- LyricsLast night something pretty bad happened.
We lost a friend,
All shocked and broken,
Shut down, exploded.
JED-E3 is what we first called him.
- Now It's On - (4:08) - 7,033 plays
- Hewlett's Daughter - (3:06) - 6,436 plays
- Chartsengrafs - (2:51) - 5,854 plays
- Jed's Other Poem (Beautiful Ground) - (3:25) - 6,074 plays
- Miner At The Dial-A-View - (5:21) - 5,746 plays