154 Shouts - 2,072,407 Scrobbles
Gram Parsons (November 5, 1946 – September 19, 1973) was an American singer, songwriter, guitarist and pianist born Ingram Cecil Connor, III. A solo artist as well as a member of The International Submarine Band, The Byrds and The Flying Burrito Brothers, he is best known for a series of recordings which anticipate the country rock of the 1970s and the alt-country movement that began in the 80s. Parsons was a close friend of Keith Richards and is also credited for turning The Rolling Stones onto country music in their 'Let it Bleed'-era.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell I sold the farm to take my woman where she longed to be
We left our kin and all our friends back there in Tennessee
And I bought those one way tickets she had often begged me for
And they took us to the streets of Baltimore
Well her heart was filled with gladness when she saw those city lights
- LyricsWon't you scratch my itch sweet Annie Rich
And welcome me back to town
Come out on your porch or I'll step into your parlour
And I'll show you how it all went down
Out with the truckers and the kickers and the cowboy angels
- LyricsLove hurts, love scars, love wounds and mars
Any heart not tough nor strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud holds a lot of rain.
Love hurts uh, uh love hurts.
- Love Hurts (Remastered Album Version) - (3:38) - 2,030 plays
- A Song for You - (4:55) - 2,587 plays
- Return of the Grievous Angel (Remastered Album Version) - (4:24) - 2,323 plays
- She - (4:56) - 2,236 plays
- We'll Sweep Out the Ashes in the Morning - (3:11) - 1,925 plays
- Brass Buttons - (3:26) - 2,019 plays
- Still Feeling Blue - (2:38) - 2,114 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online