Grachan Moncur III
23 Shouts - 83,358 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 381 plays
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 333 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 363 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 269 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 262 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 231 plays
- When - (12:06) - 203 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 180 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 182 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 175 plays