Grachan Moncur III
24 Shouts - 84,835 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 452 plays
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 359 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 401 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 343 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 280 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 246 plays
- When - (12:06) - 204 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 187 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 186 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 164 plays