Grachan Moncur III
24 Shouts - 84,425 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 325 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 398 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 372 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 271 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 286 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 240 plays
- When - (12:06) - 193 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 190 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 185 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 162 plays