Grachan Moncur III
23 Shouts - 78,779 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 364 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 299 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 268 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 234 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 237 plays
- When - (12:06) - 182 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 223 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 197 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 160 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 130 plays