Grachan Moncur III
21 Shouts - 72,823 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 581 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 438 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 423 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 306 plays
- Space Spy - (6:56) - 181 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 205 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 158 plays
- When - (12:06) - 169 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 151 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 140 plays