Grachan Moncur III
23 Shouts - 81,275 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 329 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 321 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 301 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 217 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 212 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 225 plays
- When - (12:06) - 182 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 158 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 156 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 145 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online