Grachan Moncur III
20 Shouts - 68,241 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 891 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 471 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 431 plays
- Space Spy - (6:56) - 338 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 391 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 446 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 317 plays
- When - (12:06) - 198 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 226 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 216 plays