Grachan Moncur III
21 Shouts - 75,728 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 566 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 505 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 444 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 348 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 294 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 200 plays
- When - (12:06) - 221 plays
- Space Spy - (6:56) - 155 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 156 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 176 plays