Grachan Moncur III
23 Shouts - 80,167 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 322 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 286 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 281 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 218 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 210 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 217 plays
- When - (12:06) - 188 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 163 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 152 plays
- Exploration - (8:09) - 148 plays