Grachan Moncur III
22 Shouts - 77,871 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 389 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 338 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 294 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 253 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 223 plays
- When - (12:06) - 221 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 208 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 174 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 151 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 180 plays