Grachan Moncur III
23 Shouts - 79,946 Scrobbles
Grachan Moncur III (born June 3, 1937) is an American jazz trombonist. He is one of the few real free jazz trombonists, as well as a prolific composer. He is the son of jazz bassist Grachan Moncur II. Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, USA, Grachan began playing the cello at age nine, and switched to the trombone at eleven. In high school he attended the Laurinburg Institute in North Carolina, the private school where Dizzy Gillespie studied.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monk in Wonderland - (7:48) - 332 plays
- Air Raid - (8:07) - 291 plays
- Evolution - (13:33) - 279 plays
- The Coaster - (12:01) - 220 plays
- Gnostic - (11:46) - 208 plays
- When - (12:06) - 181 plays
- Thandiwa - (8:17) - 219 plays
- Nomadic - (7:44) - 160 plays
- The Twins - (12:57) - 146 plays
- New Africa - (9:52) - 139 plays