107 Shouts - 233,771 Scrobbles
GOWNS began in late 2004, in Los Angeles, as a duo of Erika Anderson (a South Dakota native) and Ezra Buchla (a California native), both of whom were then quite active in various LA-based music projects. Ezra sang for Mae Shi on their first four records, and Erika was a guitarist for Amps For Christ and co-fronted the band blue silk sutures with Tara Tavi, another AFC member. Gowns combined folk/grunge songwriting with noise-territory production values and radical, digitally-assisted improvisation, with generally eerie and delicate results.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rope - (3:57) - 704 plays
- Fargo - (1:21) - 712 plays
- Fake July - (3:23) - 471 plays
- white like heaven - (8:09) - 439 plays
- Cherylee - (5:39) - 531 plays
- When It Burned - (1:16) - 341 plays
- Clawless - (2:31) - 354 plays
- subside - (3:40) - 333 plays
- Advice - (4:15) - 287 plays
- Mercy Springs - (7:32) - 290 plays