Goo Goo Dolls
1,671 Shouts - 36,341,542 Scrobbles
Goo Goo Dolls is an alternative rock band formed in 1985 in Buffalo, New York, USA by guitarist/vocalist John Rzeznik and bassist/vocalist Robby Takac initially under the name the Sex Maggots (the new name was chosen from an ad in True Detective magazine at the behest of a local club owner). They are most famous for the hit "Iris", featured on the soundtrack to the 1998 film City of Angels. Currently, the band consists of John Rzeznik (guitar, vocals), Robby Takac (vocals, bass) and Mike Malinin (drums).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAnd I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
- LyricsCould you whisper in my ear
The things you wanna feel
I'd give you anythin'
To feel it comin'
Do you wake up on your own
- LyricsBaby's black balloon makes her fly
I almost fell into that hole in your life
You're not thinking about tomorrow
'Cause you were the same as me
But on your knees
- LyricsAnd even though the moment passed me by
I still can't turn away
'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
Letters that you never meant to send
- LyricsYou and I got somethin' but it's all and then it's nothin' to me
And I got my defenses when it comes to your intentions for me
And we wake up in the breakdown with the things we never thought we could be
- Broadway - (3:58) - 7,038 plays
- Sympathy - (2:56) - 5,892 plays
- Better Days - (3:35) - 5,573 plays
- Dizzy - (2:41) - 5,140 plays
- Acoustic #3 - (1:59) - 5,094 plays