Goo Goo Dolls
1,654 Shouts - 34,692,033 Scrobbles
Goo Goo Dolls is an alternative rock band formed in 1985 in Buffalo, New York by guitarist/vocalist John Rzeznik and bassist/vocalist Robby Takac. They are most famous for the hit "Iris", featured on the soundtrack to the 1998 film City of Angels. Currently, the band consists of John Rzeznik (guitar, vocals), Robby Takac (vocals, bass) and Mike Malinin (drums). Early in their career, the Goo Goo Dolls were frequently dismissed by critics as mere imitators of The Replacements; however, the band refined its sound to be more mainstream...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Iris - (4:50) - 138,474 plays
- LyricsCould you whisper in my ear
The things you wanna feel
I'd give you anythin'
To feel it comin'
Do you wake up on your own
- LyricsBaby's black balloon makes her fly
I almost fell into that hole in your life
You're not thinking about tomorrow
'Cause you were the same as me
But on your knees
- LyricsAnd even though the moment passed me by
I still can't turn away
'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
Letters that you never meant to send
- LyricsYou and I got somethin' but it's all and then it's nothin' to me
And I got my defenses when it comes through your intentions for me
And we wake up in the breakdown with the things we never thought we could be
- Broadway - (3:58) - 11,256 plays
- Sympathy - (2:47) - 10,474 plays
- Better Days - (3:35) - 10,269 plays
- Dizzy - (2:41) - 7,704 plays
- Acoustic #3 - (1:59) - 7,857 plays