0 Shouts - 144,869 Scrobbles
There are at least 10 bands that use the band name Gold:Read More...
1. Gold is a post-punk pop band out of Calgary, Canada led by female guitarists Kaelen Ohm (former drummer of The Shrapnelles - Hozac Records) & Rena Kozak (Current bassist for The Shematomas). Chris Reimer (*1986-2012) (Women - Jagjaguwar/FlemishEye) and Matt Swann (Extra Happy Ghost!!! - Saved by Radio/Saved by Vinyl) joined Ohm & Kozak in late 2011 playing drums and bass respectively. The band managed to record 4 songs before Reimer passed away suddenly in his sleep on February 21, 2012. The tracks will be released as an EP in Spring/Summer 2012. “Losing Your Hair” can be found at http://goldmusic.bandcamp.com/
2. GOLD is a contemporary rock band from the Netherlands who’s heavy because of the songs, not because of the sound. This quintet focuses on form and content, where their instruments are mere means to express.
The songwriting core of GOLD exists of guitarist Thomas Sciarone (ex-The Devil’s Blood) and singer Milena Eva. Longtime friends Igor Wouters and Harm Haverman provide a rock steady yet adventurous foundation and new kid on the block Nick Polak completes the bunch with his talent for harmony and melody.
With ‘Interbellum’ GOLD deliver their first full-length album. Each single song on the album is a well-crafted piece of music and a story on it’s own, however ‘Interbellum’ as an album is more than the sum of the parts. It’s a monument to our time and to a civilization in decline. It deals with instability and the fear of things to come. But ‘Interbellum’ also offers a spark of love and hope in an attempt to give meaning to life in modern times.
On ‘Interbellum’ GOLD have clearly crafted their own style with elements not unfamiliar to man. Milena Eva sets herself apart from other singers in modern rock music with her warm and soulful voice. She’s supported by a heavy rocking band whose effect is undeniable, but so is their joy in playing. Together they form an ambitious force that is eager to share its music with the crowds.
Again the Amsterdam Recording Company was the studio of choice and serves as another defining instrument on the album. It’s authentic tone and warmth completes the richness of GOLD’s sound. Vanderbuyst main man Willem Verbuyst co-produced the album together with Igor Wouters (the band’s drummer), capturing the songs in a fresh and open sound with attention for the whole as well as the detail.
The band will be out on the stages by the end of 2012, delivering their songs to every soul that cares to listen.
2. Gold is a French pop Group of the 80's, who came from Toulouse. Their famous hit-singles were "Capitaine abandonné", "Ville de Lumières".
4. Gold is an electronica project from Japan. http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/GOLD/
5. Gold is a post-hardcore, screamo band from northern NJ. GOLD formed in mid/late 2008 when the New Jersey band Alamance decided to split ways because of personal reasons/musical differences after a summer on the Vans Warped Tour. Three of its members (Erick, Mike & Bobby) along with some old friends (Aaron & Justin) decided to form a new band for the fun of making heavier/more experimental music, and sharing it with whoever cares enough to listen.
GOLD's debut full length album "We Are Wandering" released online on June 8th, 2009. GOLD's debut full length album "We Are Wandering" released online on June 8th, 2009.
to receive a copy for free, send an email to Mikelisastudio@yahoo.com and ask about how to get it.
6. Gold is a local progressive rock band from Chicago, IL.
7. Gold was also a rock band From San Francisco. Their 45 was part-produced by Country Joe McDonald in late 1969 at Leo De Gar Kulka's Golden State Recorders, whose legacy has been explored by Big Beat in the Nuggets From The Golden State series. No Parking and a previously unreleased effort I Saw You can be found on the Big Beat's What A Way To Come Down (CD) comp. The band also recorded an album, which remained unreleased until Rockadelic came to the rescue in 1995. Side one is best: No Parking and Righteous Road are high energy rock; Conquistadore has some Santana-influenced percussion and Summer Dresses is essentially hippie-pop; but the stand-out track is the laid back High On Love, which has some lovely melodic guitar. Side two is less impressionable.
The band were managed by Ron Cabral along with his brother Dennis from 1968 to 1973. They broke up after playing San Francisco shows at both the Fillmore and Winterland with groups such as: Big Brother and the Holding Company, Hot Tuna, Ten Years After, Malo, and Mike Bloomfield. They also recorded and appeared with Country Joe McDonald.
8. Formed in early 2008, Gold are a London-based duo consisting of Kate Smith (songwriter & vocalist) and Fraser Smith (producer, songwriter & former keyboard player with UK band Shed Seven).
9. GOLD are a Halifax/Leeds-based band formed in early 2010 by Philip Knight and Ben Green. Influenced by bands across a wide range of genres, the band incorporate many different styles into their work, mostly noted for their "dream-like" sound.
10. GOLD Hardcore band from Geelong, Victoria Australia.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Capitaine abandonné - 12,721 plays
- Plus Près Des Etoiles - 7,733 plays
- Ville De Lumière - 6,754 plays
- Laissez-nous chanter - 5,677 plays
- Plus près des étoiles - 7,606 plays
- Calicoba - 3,409 plays
- Antebellum - 2,899 plays
- One of Us - 2,788 plays
- Rio De Janvier - 1,646 plays
- Gone Under - 2,418 plays