0 Shouts - 22,787,898 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists called Gojira;Read More...
1) Gojira is a metal band from Bayonne, France. Their lyrics focus on life, ecology, and spiritual themes. They were formed in 1996 by brothers Joe Duplantier (vocals and lead guitar) and Mario Duplantier (drums), Christian Andreu (guitar) and Alexandre Cornillon (bass guitar). Cornillon left the band in 2001 and Jean-Michel Labadie became their bass player. Genres that they have been associated with over their career include death metal, progressive metal, thrash metal and groove metal.
They had initially named their group Godzilla, but due to legal constraints had to change their name. They therefore chose to re-name their band Gojira - the original Japanese version of their name (in Japanese Gojira means gorilla-whale or gorilla the size of a whale). Some of the content of their music is focused on the ecological effects of human activity on the Earth.
Joe and Mario Duplantier also play in an experimental metal band called Empalot.
In 2007 Joe also became the bass player for former Sepultura members Max and Igor's new project, Cavalera Conspiracy.
2) Canadian powerviolence band existing from 1996-1998 based in Toronto, Ontario.
3) Romanian DJ / producer
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsLay down fall away
Just cannot move
My arms and legs
- LyricsSerpent of light, movement of the soul
Crawling stately along the spine
Mighty phoenix from the ashes arises
Firebird cycle, life, regenerate the cell
Life burns fierce, reduced to ashes
- LyricsMysterious form, soul in the dark
Under this heavy sealing concrete waves
Followed by servants, funeral cortège
This pale ghost is gathering his strength
Ghost, pale, the procession is crawling
On this rock I lie
But I'm alive for good
And I just free myself now
From all what was wrong
- LyricsSo god I've been trying to match
It doesn't work
I don't know
the aberration of this world
- From The Sky - 586,008 plays
- Ocean Planet - 613,742 plays
- To Sirius - 491,775 plays
- A Sight to Behold - 607,949 plays
- Flying Whales - 658,770 plays