Godley & Creme
38 Shouts - 334,592 Scrobbles
Kevin Godley and Lol Creme met while at art school. They performed as a duo in the late 60s called Frabjoy & Runcible Spoon. Kevin and Lol formed Hotlegs in the early 70s with Eric Stewart, and with the additon of frequent collaborator Graham Gouldman, Hotlegs became 10cc. After recording the band's fourth album "How Dare You!" the pair started work on a new instrument they called The Gizmo. In 1977 they created a concept album "Consequences" to showcase it, which also had the voice talents of comedian Peter Cook.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou don't know how to ease my pain
You don't know
You don't know how to ease my pain
You don't know what the sound is, darlin'
It's the sound of my tears fallin'
- LyricsI was standing in the station
being pounded by the rain
so I sought the last compartment
of a stationary train
I felt someone get in behind me
- LyricsDemented New York athletes staggering round the block
Deformed Chicanos pour in Chicago's rolling stock
Digital bathrooms drilling for furs
Surgical stockings marked His and Hers
Guggenheim attitudes back to back with Jewish Baroque
- LyricsI should have told you
all I wanted was to have some fun
but you wanted me
to be the permanent one
yes you did
- LyricsI pity inanimate objects
Because they can't move
From specks of dust to paperweights
Or a pound note sealed in resin
Plastic Santas in perpetual underwater snowstorms
- A Little Piece of Heaven - (3:44) - 173 plays
- Freeze Frame - (4:42) - 139 plays
- Get Well Soon - (4:29) - 127 plays
- Random Brainwave - (2:39) - 106 plays
- Save A Mountain For Me - (3:37) - 120 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online