Godley & Creme
0 Shouts - 341,253 Scrobbles
Kevin Godley and Lol Creme met while at art school. They performed as a duo in the late 60s called Frabjoy & Runcible Spoon. Kevin and Lol formed Hotlegs in the early 70s with Eric Stewart, and with the additon of frequent collaborator Graham Gouldman, Hotlegs became 10cc.Read More...
After recording the band's fourth album "How Dare You!" the pair started work on a new instrument they called The Gizmo. In 1977 they created a concept album "Consequences" to showcase it, which also had the voice talents of comedian Peter Cook.
In the late seventies and early eighties they released three albums "L", "Freeze Frame" and "Ismism" (released under the name "Snack Attack" in the USA).
Their greatest successes, however, came in the field of music video production in the early 80s. Working with bands like Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Police, Duran Duran, Herbie Hancock and Sting.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou don't know how to ease my pain
You don't know
You don't know how to ease my pain
You don't know what the sound is, darlin'
It's the sound of my tears fallin'
- LyricsDemented New York athletes staggering round the block
Deformed Chicanos pour in Chicago's rolling stock
Digital bathrooms drilling for furs
Surgical stockings marked His and Hers
Guggenheim attitudes back to back with Jewish Baroque
- LyricsI was standing in the station
being pounded by the rain
so I sought the last compartment
of a stationary train
I felt someone get in behind me
- LyricsI should have told you
all I wanted was to have some fun
but you wanted me
to be the permanent one
yes you did
- A Little Piece of Heaven - 6,471 plays
- I Pity Inanimate Objects - 4,066 plays
- Random Brainwave - 3,390 plays
- Freeze Frame - 3,435 plays
- Save A Mountain For Me - 2,971 plays
- Get Well Soon - 2,719 plays