32 Shouts - 262,328 Scrobbles
Gnawa Diffusion is a band created in 1992 in Grenoble, France, around Amazigh Kateb, lead singer and son of Algerian writer Kateb Yacine. The political lyrics are sung in Arabic, French or English and the music is very mixed (chaabi, gnawa, rock, reggae, dub...). Other members are Mohammed Abdenour, Pierre Bonnet, Philippe Bonnet, Salah Meguiba, Pierre Feugier, Abdelaziz Maysour and Amar Chaoui. Main albums are Algeria (1997), Bab el Oued - Kingston (1999) Souk System (2003) and Fucking Cowboys (2006).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ya laymi - (8:52) - 516 plays
- Saharagga - (6:17) - 261 plays
- Bab el Oued Kingston - (5:05) - 227 plays
- Douga douga - (11:17) - 220 plays
- Ombre-Elle - (3:45) - 213 plays
- Algeria - (6:54) - 187 plays
- Itchak El Baz - (10:48) - 151 plays
- Baba Salem - (6:56) - 123 plays
- Frik Fashion - (2:42) - 126 plays
- H'mar dem - (5:25) - 115 plays