32 Shouts - 254,362 Scrobbles
Gnawa Diffusion is a band created in 1992 in Grenoble, France, around Amazigh Kateb, lead singer and son of Algerian writer Kateb Yacine. The political lyrics are sung in Arabic, French or English and the music is very mixed (chaabi, gnawa, rock, reggae, dub...). Other members are Mohammed Abdenour, Pierre Bonnet, Philippe Bonnet, Salah Meguiba, Pierre Feugier, Abdelaziz Maysour and Amar Chaoui. Main albums are Algeria (1997), Bab el Oued - Kingston (1999) Souk System (2003) and Fucking Cowboys (2006).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ya laymi - (8:52) - 681 plays
- Saharagga - (6:17) - 320 plays
- Bab el Oued Kingston - (5:05) - 273 plays
- Algeria - (6:54) - 257 plays
- Douga douga - (11:17) - 271 plays
- Ombre-Elle - (3:45) - 185 plays
- H'mar dem - (5:25) - 162 plays
- Baba Salem - (6:56) - 156 plays
- Ombre-Elle - Radio Edit - (3:48) - 172 plays
- Baba el Gnawi - (3:22) - 138 plays