32 Shouts - 249,867 Scrobbles
Gnawa Diffusion is a band created in 1992 in Grenoble, France, around Amazigh Kateb, lead singer and son of Algerian writer Kateb Yacine. The political lyrics are sung in Arabic, French or English and the music is very mixed (chaabi, gnawa, rock, reggae, dub...). Other members are Mohammed Abdenour, Pierre Bonnet, Philippe Bonnet, Salah Meguiba, Pierre Feugier, Abdelaziz Maysour and Amar Chaoui. Main albums are Algeria (1997), Bab el Oued - Kingston (1999) Souk System (2003) and Fucking Cowboys (2006).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ya laymi - (8:52) - 643 plays
- Saharagga - (6:17) - 312 plays
- Bab el Oued Kingston - (5:05) - 259 plays
- Algeria - (6:54) - 248 plays
- Ombre-Elle - (3:45) - 221 plays
- Douga douga - (11:17) - 238 plays
- Baba Salem - (6:56) - 147 plays
- Baba el Gnawi - (3:22) - 143 plays
- H'mar dem - (5:25) - 149 plays
- Match Bettikh - (5:06) - 146 plays