32 Shouts - 248,200 Scrobbles
Gnawa Diffusion is a band created in 1992 in Grenoble, France, around Amazigh Kateb, lead singer and son of Algerian writer Kateb Yacine. The political lyrics are sung in Arabic, French or English and the music is very mixed (chaabi, gnawa, rock, reggae, dub...). Other members are Mohammed Abdenour, Pierre Bonnet, Philippe Bonnet, Salah Meguiba, Pierre Feugier, Abdelaziz Maysour and Amar Chaoui. Main albums are Algeria (1997), Bab el Oued - Kingston (1999) Souk System (2003) and Fucking Cowboys (2006).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ya laymi - (8:52) - 668 plays
- Saharagga - (6:17) - 330 plays
- Bab el Oued Kingston - (5:05) - 263 plays
- Algeria - (6:54) - 250 plays
- Ombre-Elle - (3:45) - 229 plays
- Douga douga - (11:17) - 248 plays
- Baba Salem - (6:56) - 164 plays
- H'mar dem - (5:25) - 162 plays
- Baba el Gnawi - (3:22) - 151 plays
- Frik Fashion - (2:42) - 156 plays