3 Shouts - 29,246 Scrobbles
Gloria Wood (September 8, 1923 – March 4, 1995) sang with band leader Kay Kyser in the 1940s, known chiefly for her vocal on 1948's The Woody Woodpecker Song. 1953's Hey Bellboy was one of her most popular songs on Capitol selling a million copies. in 1958 Time Magazine wrote: « The most pervasive voice in radio or television belongs neither to Bing Crosby nor Perry Como, but to a pretty, twinkly, auburn-haired girl named Gloria Wood. Blessed with a four-octave range and a gift for mimicry, Gloria can sing high or low, squeaky or sweet, on demand and to order.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Oh, Honey - (1:47) - 364 plays
- Oh, Honey - 1997 Digital Remaster - (1:47) - 127 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! - (3:22) - 129 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! - 1996 Digital Remaster - (3:23) - 27 plays
- Oh, Honey (1997 Digital Remaster) - (1:46) - 11 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! (1996 Digital Remaster) - (3:21) - 21 plays
- By the Waters Of Minnetonka - (2:36) - 13 plays
- On a Slow Boat to China - (3:19) - 2 plays
- Woody Woodpecker - (3:03) - 2 plays
- Charleston Charlie - (1:49) - 4 plays