3 Shouts - 29,283 Scrobbles
Gloria Wood (September 8, 1923 – March 4, 1995) sang with band leader Kay Kyser in the 1940s, known chiefly for her vocal on 1948's The Woody Woodpecker Song. 1953's Hey Bellboy was one of her most popular songs on Capitol selling a million copies. in 1958 Time Magazine wrote: « The most pervasive voice in radio or television belongs neither to Bing Crosby nor Perry Como, but to a pretty, twinkly, auburn-haired girl named Gloria Wood. Blessed with a four-octave range and a gift for mimicry, Gloria can sing high or low, squeaky or sweet, on demand and to order.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Oh, Honey - (1:47) - 306 plays
- Oh, Honey - 1997 Digital Remaster - (1:47) - 126 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! - (3:22) - 136 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! - 1996 Digital Remaster - (3:23) - 31 plays
- Oh, Honey (1997 Digital Remaster) - (1:46) - 10 plays
- By the Waters Of Minnetonka - (2:36) - 13 plays
- Hey! Bellboy! (1996 Digital Remaster) - (3:21) - 8 plays
- I'd Like To Get You On A Slow - (3:21) - 2 plays
- The Rock And The Roll - (2:03) - 4 plays
- Woody Woodpecker - (3:03) - 2 plays