109 Shouts - 787,156 Scrobbles
Vocalist/bass guitarist/songwriter Glenn Hughes is a true original. No other rock musician has carved such a distinctive style blending the finest elements of hard rock, soul and funk. That astonishing voice is Hughes' calling card. He's known as a singer's singer: in fact, Stevie Wonder once called Hughes his favorite white singer. Hughes, a native of Cannock, England, absorbed all kinds of influences, including early British hard rock, the Beatles and, most importantly, American soul and R&B.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsNights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters I've written,
Never meaning to send.
Beauty I'd always missed
- LyricsI guess you heard the news today
There's a rumble goin' down
I just got back from Monterey
There was music all around
And you may never see my face
- LyricsI don't want to shout it now
'Cos I am not a fool
You're askin' me the questions
And I will overrule
Down in Mississippi
- LyricsDon't confuse me with the drama
Now and then you lose your karma
Don't you trust yourself at all the life you've lead?
Why do you keep looking back? You move ahead
Don't throw your life away
- LyricsWe live forever now I want to know who you are
I thought you'd never come back so soon from afar
You are my savior gone is the scratch from my wound
How long does it take ya to materialize in my room?
I am so sorry, why do you take so long?
- High Road - (4:57) - 352 plays
- You Keep On Moving - (8:53) - 430 plays
- Orion - (4:14) - 473 plays
- So Much Love To Give - (5:23) - 370 plays
- Coast To Coast - (8:21) - 353 plays