191 Shouts - 3,673,736 Scrobbles
Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi (La Roncole, Italy, October 9 or 10, 1813 – January 27, 1901) was an Italian Romantic composer, mainly of opera. He was one of the most influential composers in the 19th century. His works are frequently performed in opera houses throughout the world and, transcending the boundaries of the genre, some of his themes have long since taken root in popular culture - such as "La donna è mobile" from Rigoletto, "Va, pensiero" (The Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves) from Nabucco, and "Libiamo ne' lieti calici" (The Drinking Song) from La traviata.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nabucco: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves - (4:12) - 1,860 plays
- Dies irae - (2:19) - 2,071 plays
- La Donna e Mobile - (2:08) - 2,076 plays
- Preludio - (3:38) - 1,199 plays
- La donna è mobile - (2:07) - 1,002 plays
- Messa da Requiem: Dies irae - Tuba mirum - (3:55) - 965 plays
- Rigoletto, Act 3: "La donna è mobile" - (2:24) - 1,010 plays
- Brindisi - (2:55) - 965 plays
- Sanctus - (2:35) - 714 plays
- Verdi: Messa Da Requiem - 2. Rex Tremendae - (3:49) - 522 plays