191 Shouts - 3,682,043 Scrobbles
Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi (La Roncole, Italy, October 9 or 10, 1813 – January 27, 1901) was an Italian Romantic composer, mainly of opera. He was one of the most influential composers in the 19th century. His works are frequently performed in opera houses throughout the world and, transcending the boundaries of the genre, some of his themes have long since taken root in popular culture - such as "La donna è mobile" from Rigoletto, "Va, pensiero" (The Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves) from Nabucco, and "Libiamo ne' lieti calici" (The Drinking Song) from La traviata.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nabucco: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves - (4:12) - 2,014 plays
- Dies irae - (2:19) - 2,055 plays
- La Donna e Mobile - (2:08) - 1,861 plays
- La donna è mobile - (2:07) - 1,215 plays
- Messa da Requiem: Dies irae - Tuba mirum - (3:55) - 929 plays
- Verdi: Messa Da Requiem - 2. Rex Tremendae - (3:49) - 638 plays
- Rigoletto, Act 3: "La donna è mobile" - (2:24) - 903 plays
- Brindisi - (2:55) - 943 plays
- La traviata: "Preludio" - (3:36) - 819 plays
- Preludio - (3:38) - 856 plays