0 Shouts - 65,666 Scrobbles
There are more than one band called Girl:Read More...
1) Girl was an English glam rock band. Their lead vocalist was Phil Lewis, who later sang for L.A. Guns, New Torpedoes, Torme, Filthy Lucre, The Liberators, and several other bands. Phil Collen, who later joined Def Leppard, and had previously been in the bands Lucy, Tush, and Dumb Blondes, was one of Girl's guitarists, except for a brief time near the end of Girl's career. Gerry Laffy was the other guitarist in the band.
Girl recorded several studio albums including Sheer Greed, Wasted Youth, and Killing Time. Sheer Greed is also the name of a band Gerry Laffy, Simon Laffy, and Pete Barnacle played in, and Phil Lewis and Phil Collen guested with, after Girl. Gerry Laffy's brother Simon Laffy was Girl's bassist on their albums, though Mark Megary played for the band briefly before then. According to Simon Laffy, Mark Megary played on a single version of "My Number". Girl went through several drummers, including Dave Gaynor, Pete Barnacle, and Bryson Graham. Despite being equally adored and despised at the time Girl still has 6 albums available through Sanctuary Records (previously released by Don Arden's Jet Records). Sheer Greed, Wasted Youth, Killing Time, Live At The Marquee, Live At The Exposition Hall, Osaka, Japan, 50 track anthology My Number: The Anthology...
Girl recorded a pre-L.A. Guns version of the song "Hollywood Tease". Gerry Laffy, Simon Laffy, and Pete Barnacle's post-Girl band Sheer Greed, who Phil Lewis and Phil Collen also guested with, also recorded two versions of "Hollywood Tease", one on Sublime To The Ridiculous and one on Live In London.
Pete Bonus replaced Phil Collen in Girl, though the band broke up soon after.
Former Girl bandmates Phil Collen and Simon Laffy are currently in a band called Man-Raze, though Phil Collen is still also in Def Leppard.
2) GIRL are an indie pop band from Montreal, Canada.
3) Girl is korean pop band.
4) GIRL is a Rock/Pop/Alternative Rock band ftom Dallas,TX, United States that started in 2000 and continued playing shows until 2004. Judy Hill - lead vocals and guitar - has continued to record occasionally. She recently re-formed GIRL with Izzy Hernandez on lead guitar, Robert Knott on drums, and Trey Smith on bass.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Do You Love Me - 3,539 plays
- My Number - 3,852 plays
- Hollywood Tease - 4,070 plays
- Lovely Lorraine - 1,543 plays
- Doctor Doctor - 1,412 plays
- Passing Clouds - 1,440 plays
- Strawberries - 1,756 plays
- Heartbreak America - 1,514 plays
- The Things You Say - 1,241 plays
- Take Me Dancing - 1,227 plays