Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
43 Shouts - 506,048 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:37) - 617 plays
- Jesu, rex admirabilis - (1:45) - 686 plays
- Motets for 4 Voices, Book 2: Sicut cervus - (3:15) - 465 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 736 plays
- Hodie Christus natus est (Motet) - (2:35) - 401 plays
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (5:36) - 381 plays
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Sanctus - (3:44) - 391 plays
- Litaniae de Beata Virgine Maria, 8vv - (15:48) - 308 plays
- Super flumina Babylonis - (3:31) - 383 plays
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (8:29) - 633 plays