Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
35 Shouts - 394,303 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 1,452 plays
- Agnus dei - (3:28) - 739 plays
- Kyrie - (3:08) - 821 plays
- Gloria - (6:22) - 684 plays
- Credo - (8:55) - 531 plays
- Super Flumina Babylonis - (3:23) - 448 plays
- Lesson I for Maundy Thursday - (5:51) - 423 plays
- Stabat Mater - (9:19) - 370 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (6:16) - 394 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (9:53) - 650 plays