Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
38 Shouts - 441,942 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 1,398 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (6:16) - 553 plays
- Super flumina Babylonis - (3:31) - 593 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (9:53) - 1,235 plays
- Gloria - (5:36) - 680 plays
- Kyrie - (4:30) - 684 plays
- Agnus Dei - (7:46) - 649 plays
- Stabat Mater - (8:52) - 389 plays
- Credo - (8:26) - 493 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Sanctus - (3:50) - 327 plays