Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
37 Shouts - 425,620 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 1,346 plays
- Kyrie - (4:14) - 580 plays
- Gloria - (5:45) - 521 plays
- Super flumina Babylonis - (3:31) - 453 plays
- Agnus Dei - (6:09) - 494 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (6:16) - 463 plays
- Stabat Mater - (8:52) - 359 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (9:53) - 1,068 plays
- Credo - (8:55) - 399 plays
- Lesson I for Maundy Thursday - (5:51) - 225 plays