Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
38 Shouts - 436,380 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 1,436 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (6:16) - 536 plays
- Super flumina Babylonis - (3:31) - 556 plays
- Kyrie - (4:30) - 662 plays
- Gloria - (5:36) - 628 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (9:53) - 1,331 plays
- Agnus Dei - (7:46) - 617 plays
- Stabat Mater - (8:52) - 369 plays
- Credo - (8:26) - 472 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Sanctus - (3:50) - 329 plays