Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
40 Shouts - 477,598 Scrobbles
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (b. 3 February 1525 – 2 February 1526; d. 2 February 1594) was an Italian Renaissance composer and the most well-known 16th-century representative of the Roman School of musical composition. Palestrina became famous through his output of sacred music. He had an enormous influence on the development of Roman Catholic church music, and his work has often been seen as the culmination of Renaissance polyphony.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jesu, rex admirabilis - (1:45) - 537 plays
- Super flumina Babylonis - (3:31) - 494 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:34) - 647 plays
- Motets for 4 Voices, Book 2: Sicut cervus - (3:15) - 370 plays
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie - (4:37) - 400 plays
- Kyrie - (4:14) - 338 plays
- Gloria - (5:36) - 384 plays
- Palestrina: O Magnum Mysterium - (6:23) - 250 plays
- Missa Papae Marcelli: Credo - (9:53) - 242 plays
- Masses, Book 2: Missa Papae Marcelli: Gloria - (5:36) - 271 plays