2 Shouts - 33,324 Scrobbles
Giovanni Paisiello (or Paesiello) (May 9, 1740 – June 5, 1816), was an Italian composer of the Classical era. Paisiello was born at Taranto, where he attended the Jesuit college. The beauty of his singing voice attracted so much attention that in 1754 he was sent to the Conservatorio di S. Onofrio at Naples, where he studied under Francesco Durante, and in due course became assistant master. For the theatre of the Conservatorio, which he left in 1763, he wrote some intermezzi, one of which attracted so much notice that he was invited to write two operas...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Il Barbiere Di Siviglia - (4:31) - 180 plays
- Nel cor più non mi sento - (3:00) - 153 plays
- Chi vuol la zingarella (from Zingari in Fiera) - (2:28) - 61 plays
- Nina, o sia la Pazza per Amore: Il mio ben quando verrà - (6:36) - 59 plays
- Sinfonia - (7:17) - 41 plays
- Voi tornate a questo seno - (4:22) - 24 plays
- Symphony in D Major: I. Allegro spiritoso - (2:57) - 22 plays
- Klavierkonzert Nr. 5 D-Dur - (0:30) - 23 plays
- Klavierkonzert C-Dur - (0:30) - 14 plays
- Il barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville): Sinfonia - (5:07) - 9 plays