19 Shouts - 47,498 Scrobbles
Ginger Baker was born Peter Edward Baker in Lewisham, London, on August 19, 1939. He was one of rock's first superstar drummers and possibly the most influential percussionist of the 1960s. Baker made his name on playing with the power trio Cream, which included Eric Clapton on guitar and vocals and Jack Bruce on bass, keyboards, and vocals. Ginger made top-selling records with Cream and Blind Faith for a period of only about three years at the end of the 1960s. Still, essentially every drummer for every metal band that has followed has tried to emulate some aspect of Baker's playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dust to Dust - (5:31) - 319 plays
- Brain Damage - (5:19) - 173 plays
- Interlock - (4:58) - 175 plays
- Sokoto - (5:04) - 95 plays
- Mountain Time - (6:07) - 129 plays
- Makuta - (5:34) - 126 plays
- Satou - (5:23) - 137 plays
- Uncut - (6:50) - 97 plays
- Something Nice - (4:20) - 83 plays
- Ariwo - (11:09) - 89 plays