19 Shouts - 61,899 Scrobbles
Ginger Baker was born Peter Edward Baker in Lewisham, London, on August 19, 1939. He was one of rock's first superstar drummers and possibly the most influential percussionist of the 1960s. Baker made his name on playing with the power trio Cream, which included Eric Clapton on guitar and vocals and Jack Bruce on bass, keyboards, and vocals. Ginger made top-selling records with Cream and Blind Faith for a period of only about three years at the end of the 1960s. Still, essentially every drummer for every metal band that has followed has tried to emulate some aspect of Baker's playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ginger Spice - (6:17) - 1,065 plays
- Footprints - (6:55) - 647 plays
- Twelve and More Blues - (7:24) - 639 plays
- Aiko Biaye - (7:28) - 704 plays
- Cyril Davis - (6:43) - 594 plays
- Why? - (4:44) - 584 plays
- St. Thomas - (6:04) - 420 plays
- Aïn Témouchent - (6:45) - 212 plays
- Dust to Dust - (5:31) - 198 plays
- Ain Temouchant - (5:01) - 186 plays