19 Shouts - 60,032 Scrobbles
Ginger Baker was born Peter Edward Baker in Lewisham, London, on August 19, 1939. He was one of rock's first superstar drummers and possibly the most influential percussionist of the 1960s. Baker made his name on playing with the power trio Cream, which included Eric Clapton on guitar and vocals and Jack Bruce on bass, keyboards, and vocals. Ginger made top-selling records with Cream and Blind Faith for a period of only about three years at the end of the 1960s. Still, essentially every drummer for every metal band that has followed has tried to emulate some aspect of Baker's playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ginger Spice - (6:17) - 1,075 plays
- Twelve and More Blues - (7:24) - 702 plays
- Footprints - (6:55) - 699 plays
- Cyril Davis - (6:43) - 649 plays
- Aiko Biaye - (7:28) - 703 plays
- Why? - (4:44) - 614 plays
- St. Thomas - (6:04) - 458 plays
- Aïn Témouchent - (6:45) - 243 plays
- Dust to Dust - (5:31) - 219 plays
- Ain Temouchant - (5:01) - 204 plays