Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
3 Shouts - 116,811 Scrobbles
Gillian Welch's musical style combines elements of bluegrass, neotraditional country, americana, old time string band music and folk into a rustic style that she dubs "American Primitive". Her music is often described as haunting or soothing. Welch was born in Manhattan and was adopted when she was three days old. She moved to Los Angeles at the age of four. By the age of seven, she had learned to play the guitar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- As Long As The Grass Shall Grow - (9:09) - 116 plays
- Apache Tears (Reprise) - (2:54) - 73 plays
- I Want To Sing That Rock And Roll - (2:47) - 34 plays
- My Dear Someone - 24 plays
- Long Black Veil - 19 plays
- Caleb Meyer - 27 plays
- Dusty Boxcar Walls - 12 plays
- Odds And Ends - (3:04) - 27 plays
- Helpless (Gil and Ryan Adams) 10/28/99 - (4:43) - 29 plays
- Albuquerque - 29 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online