14 Shouts - 205,790 Scrobbles
Ian Ernest Gilmore "Gil" Evans (né Green) (May 13, 1912 – March 20, 1988) was a jazz pianist, arranger, composer and bandleader (The Gil Evans Orchestra), active in the United States. He played an important role in the development of cool jazz, modal jazz, free jazz and jazz fusion, and collaborated extensively with Miles Davis Gil Evans was born in Toronto, Canada, as Ian Ernest Gilmore Green and early took the family name Evans from his stepfather. The family soon moved to California, where he spent the first decades of his life. From 1946 onwards he lived and worked in New York City.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Las Vegas Tango - (6:39) - 997 plays
- Remember - (4:31) - 529 plays
- La Nevada - (14:49) - 380 plays
- Moon And Sand - (4:17) - 442 plays
- Where Flamingos Fly - (5:12) - 368 plays
- Straight No Chaser - 2006 - Remaster - (6:50) - 304 plays
- Willow Tree - (4:42) - 344 plays
- Spoonful - (13:46) - 294 plays
- Just One Of Those Things - (4:23) - 288 plays
- King Porter Stomp - (3:17) - 282 plays