0 Shouts - 227,229 Scrobbles
There are three bands named the Gibson Brothers.Read More...
1. The Gibson Brothers are a France-based musical group, who had their greatest success during the disco boom of the late 1970s and are best known for their hit "Cuba".
The three brothers, Chris (lead vocals, percussion), Patrick (vocals, drums) and Alex (vocals, keyboards) were born on Martinique in the West Indies. They recorded their first single "Come To America" in Paris in 1976, and both it and its follow-up "Non Stop Dance" made the charts in Europe, where they toured successfully. The following year they released "Heaven", which was picked up by TK Records in the USA.
In 1978 they recorded "Cuba". The mix of disco beats, latin percussion, soulful vocals and a catchy tune shot the song to # 1 in several countries, top ten in the USA, and earned them 14 gold records worldwide. In the UK it made # 41 on its initial release and # 12 when reissued in 1980. Like their other hits, it was written and produced by Daniel Vangarde and Jean Kruger, who also recorded hits by Ottawan, Sheila B. Devotion and others. Vangarde (aka Daniel Bangalter) is the father of Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk.
The Gibson Brothers had three further big hits in 1979 and 1980, "Ooh What A Life", "Que Sera Mi Vida" (which sold over 5 million copies worldwide), and "Mariana". They have continued to record and tour worldwide.
2. The Gibson Brothers are a bluegrass band from Ellenburg Depot, NY, near the Canadian border. Presently, the band consists of Eric Gibson (banjo, vocals), Leigh Gibson (guitar, vocals), Mike Barber (bass), Joe Walsh (mandolin), and Clayton Campbell (fiddle).
3. The Gibson Bros. were a psychobilly band from Ohio. Their last album, Columbus Soul 85, was released in 1995.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cuba - 90,671 plays
- Que Sera Mi Vida - 53,887 plays
- Non Stop Dance - 7,613 plays
- Mariana - 4,812 plays
- Que Sera Mi Vida (If You Should Go) - 5,091 plays
- Latin America - 5,385 plays
- Que Será Mi Vida - 2,930 plays
- Come to America - 1,875 plays
- Better Do It Salsa - 2,440 plays
- I'm Not Wanted Here - 771 plays