41 Shouts - 112,825 Scrobbles
Ghédalia Tazartès was born in Paris, France in 1947. In 1974, he bought a mic, a tape recorder and a band echo. This is when he began to develop what he called Impromuz, his own musical language. His main instrument is voice. Basically Tazartès creates a bed of loops and/or drones using taped samples and synthesizers and then sings over them in a style that sounds like gypsy folk music. But it is interrupted by sudden cuts to a child speaking (reciting?)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Un amour si grand qu'il nie son objet - (9:40) - 167 plays
- La berlue je t'aime - (3:00) - 119 plays
- Reviens - (2:05) - 108 plays
- Quasimodo Tango - (2:52) - 155 plays
- Rien Qu'au Soleil - (2:19) - 90 plays
- La fin du prologue - (4:38) - 95 plays
- Une voix s'en va - (2:03) - 83 plays
- Mourir Un Peu - (4:47) - 81 plays
- Ouverture fragile - (4:01) - 84 plays
- Chanson D'automne - (1:39) - 93 plays