40 Shouts - 102,997 Scrobbles
Ghédalia Tazartès was born in Paris, France in 1947. In 1974, he bought a mic, a tape recorder and a band echo. This is when he began to develop what he called Impromuz, his own musical language. His main instrument is voice. Basically Tazartès creates a bed of loops and/or drones using taped samples and synthesizers and then sings over them in a style that sounds like gypsy folk music. But it is interrupted by sudden cuts to a child speaking (reciting?)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chanson D'automne - (1:39) - 255 plays
- Ascolto - (4:07) - 215 plays
- Novita - (3:23) - 190 plays
- Dire - (2:14) - 179 plays
- Un amour si grand qu'il nie son objet - (9:40) - 151 plays
- Cordes - (2:53) - 170 plays
- Shy - (2:59) - 162 plays
- Rires - (3:04) - 171 plays
- Capirai - (3:06) - 152 plays
- Te - (3:12) - 155 plays