46 Shouts - 127,066 Scrobbles
Ghédalia Tazartès was born in Paris, France in 1947. In 1974, he bought a mic, a tape recorder and a band echo. This is when he began to develop what he called Impromuz, his own musical language. His main instrument is voice. Basically Tazartès creates a bed of loops and/or drones using taped samples and synthesizers and then sings over them in a style that sounds like gypsy folk music. But it is interrupted by sudden cuts to a child speaking (reciting?)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Un amour si grand qu'il nie son objet - (9:40) - 410 plays
- La berlue je t'aime - (3:00) - 155 plays
- Rien Qu'au Soleil - (2:19) - 154 plays
- La fin du prologue - (4:38) - 146 plays
- Mourir Un Peu - (4:47) - 127 plays
- Ouverture fragile - (4:01) - 125 plays
- Reviens - (2:05) - 115 plays
- Une voix s'en va - (2:03) - 109 plays
- Oslo - Solo (part 1) - (3:05) - 207 plays
- Oslo - Solo (part 2) - (3:06) - 145 plays