3 Shouts - 3,225 Scrobbles
Gerry Goffin (born Gerald Goffin, February 11, 1939, Brooklyn, New York; died 19 June 2014) was an American lyricist. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990 with former songwriting partner and first wife, Carole King. During his career Goffin penned seven US Billboard Hot 100 chart-toppers, and a total of 59 Top 40 hits. Goffin married Carole King in August 1959 (he was 20; she was 17), and the husband-wife team pursued a successful songwriting career, notably as part of the famous Brill Building songwriting team.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It's Not The Spotlight - (4:39) - 49 plays
- Down On The Street - (2:34) - 37 plays
- Reverend Bottom's Tojo Saloon - (5:27) - 25 plays
- Cherokee Medicine - (5:39) - 25 plays
- Maryland Again - (4:15) - 21 plays
- Chicago (You) - (8:25) - 20 plays
- The Last Cha Cha On Jackson Highway - (3:26) - 19 plays
- Sister Henry - (4:50) - 13 plays
- Sail Away Ladies (P.D.) - (1:24) - 13 plays
- Never Too Late To Rock And Roll - (3:38) - 13 plays