1 Shouts - 35,528 Scrobbles
Gerald Stanley Wilson (September 4, 1918 – September 8, 2014) was an American jazz trumpeter, big band leader, composer, arranger, and educator. Wilson was born in Shelby, Mississippi, and went on to graduate from Cass Technical High School in Detroit. Wilson joined the Jimmie Lunceford orchestra in 1939, replacing its star trumpeter and arranger Sy Oliver. While with Lunceford, he contributed numbers to the band's book, including Hi Spook and Yard-dog Mazurka...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Viva Tirado - (5:46) - 84 plays
- Mambo Mexicana - (4:16) - 87 plays
- Paco - (6:22) - 108 plays
- Viva Tirado - 1989 Digital Remaster - (5:44) - 67 plays
- Sax Chase - (10:22) - 57 plays
- California Soul - (3:11) - 66 plays
- Dorian - (2:13) - 27 plays
- Milestones - (5:42) - 22 plays
- Blues For Yna Yna - (6:51) - 22 plays
- So What - (5:58) - 33 plays