29 Shouts - 399,788 Scrobbles
Georges Moustaki (born Yussef Mustacchi; May 3, 1934 - May 23, 2013, Nice, France) was a singer-songwriter of Greek Jewish origin. Moustaki was born in Alexandria, Egypt, of Sephardic Jewish parents who had moved there from Corfu, and who ran a bookshop in the city. The family spoke Italian at home, but Georges (then Yussef) spoke Arabic with his friends and attended a French school to which his Francophile parents sent him and his sisters. In 1951 he moved to Paris, where he was inspired by the young Georges Brassens, in honour of whom he changed his name to Georges Moustaki.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Le Métèque - (2:30) - 3,058 plays
- Ma Solitude - (2:56) - 2,200 plays
- Il est trop tard - (2:40) - 1,102 plays
- Le Facteur - (4:07) - 782 plays
- Joseph - (2:29) - 659 plays
- Il y avait un jardin - (4:00) - 666 plays
- Le Temps De Vivre - (2:59) - 704 plays
- La Carte Du Tendre - (3:02) - 515 plays
- Ma Liberté - (2:50) - 527 plays
- Les Eaux De Mars - (3:38) - 453 plays