151 Shouts - 2,317,200 Scrobbles
By most accounts, George Jones (born George Glenn Jones September 12, 1931 in Saratoga, Texas, died April 26, 2013, in Nashville, Tennessee), was the finest vocalist in the recorded history of country music. Initially, he was a hardcore honky tonker in the tradition of Hank Williams, but over the course of his career he developed an affecting, nuanced ballad style. In the course of his career, he never left the top of the country charts, even as he suffered innumerable personal and professional difficulties.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- He Stopped Loving Her Today - (3:20) - 9,173 plays
- She Thinks I Still Care - (2:46) - 4,580 plays
- The Race Is On - (2:04) - 4,834 plays
- White Lightning - (2:44) - 3,392 plays
- LyricsHe said, "I'll love you 'til I die"
She told him, "You'll forget in time"
As the years went slowly by
She still preyed upon his mind
He kept her picture on his wall
- If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will) - (3:09) - 2,668 plays
- The Grand Tour - (3:06) - 2,543 plays
- Why Baby Why - (2:16) - 1,882 plays
- Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes - (3:16) - 2,125 plays
- A Good Year for the Roses - (3:02) - 2,118 plays