151 Shouts - 2,427,707 Scrobbles
By most accounts, George Jones (born George Glenn Jones September 12, 1931 in Saratoga, Texas, died April 26, 2013, in Nashville, Tennessee), was the finest vocalist in the recorded history of country music. Initially, he was a hardcore honky tonker in the tradition of Hank Williams, but over the course of his career he developed an affecting, nuanced ballad style. In the course of his career, he never left the top of the country charts, even as he suffered innumerable personal and professional difficulties.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- He Stopped Loving Her Today - (3:15) - 7,776 plays
- She Thinks I Still Care - (2:36) - 4,208 plays
- The Race Is On - (2:19) - 3,779 plays
- He Stopped Loving Her Today - Single Version - (3:16) - 2,984 plays
- White Lightning - (2:45) - 2,776 plays
- If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will) - (3:09) - 2,069 plays
- The Grand Tour - (3:06) - 2,150 plays
- Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes - (3:16) - 1,683 plays
- Color of the Blues - (2:50) - 1,291 plays
- Golden Ring - (3:06) - 1,387 plays