126 Shouts - 2,134,458 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody In Blue - (9:02) - 16,521 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,889 plays
- An American In Paris - (14:02) - 2,358 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,146 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 972 plays
- I Got Rhythm: Variations for Piano and Orchestra - (8:25) - 596 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 713 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 736 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Excerpt - (1:44) - 542 plays
- Cuban Overture - (10:38) - 622 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online