126 Shouts - 2,162,003 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody In Blue - (9:02) - 14,781 plays
- An American In Paris - (14:02) - 2,396 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,496 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 927 plays
- I Got Rhythm: Variations for Piano and Orchestra - (8:25) - 630 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 813 plays
- Cuban Overture - (10:38) - 664 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Excerpt - (1:44) - 482 plays
- Someone to Watch over Me - (2:59) - 629 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 550 plays