126 Shouts - 2,153,615 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody In Blue - (9:02) - 15,498 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,724 plays
- An American In Paris - (14:02) - 2,413 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,038 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 877 plays
- I Got Rhythm: Variations for Piano and Orchestra - (8:25) - 600 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 660 plays
- Cuban Overture - (10:38) - 628 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Excerpt - (1:44) - 510 plays
- Someone to Watch over Me - (2:59) - 648 plays