125 Shouts - 2,134,684 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody In Blue - (9:02) - 17,302 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 3,192 plays
- An American In Paris - (14:02) - 2,295 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,259 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 1,075 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 910 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 907 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 750 plays
- Someone to Watch over Me - (2:59) - 854 plays
- But Not for Me - (2:23) - 694 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online